A complete list of downloads (older versions) is available at SourceForge.
You should now see something like this on your screen:
Starting XAMPP 1.8.1...
LAMPP: Starting Apache...
LAMPP: Starting MySQL...
Ready. Apache and MySQL are running.
If you get any error messages please take a look at the Linux FAQ.
Now you should see the start page of XAMPP containing some links to check the status of the installed software and some small programming examples.
Here a list of missing security in XAMPP:
- The MySQL administrator (root) has no password.
- The MySQL daemon is accessible via network.
- ProFTPD uses the password "lampp" for user "nobody".
- PhpMyAdmin is accessible via network.
- Examples are accessible via network.
- MySQL and Apache running under the same user (nobody).
/opt/lampp/lampp securityIt starts a small security check and makes your XAMPP installation quite secure. For example this protects the XAMPP demo pages by a username ('lampp') and password combination.